Its getting to be soup time! Cooler weather makes me crave a good soup. If you like tacos, here is a soup recipe that is bound to please you! This recipe isn’t my usual whole foods type but contains mixes and canned ingredients. Feel free to change it up as you like.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- Corn chips
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Chopped green onions
Brown the beef and onions together, drain if needed.
Add all other ingredients, transfer to a slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours. Serve with garnishes.
For a thinner soup, add a little beef broth.